On June 3, 1904, Mrs. Mary Calvert Holdsworth (of Hastings, England) laid the foundation stone. On 21st August 1906, HH Krishnaraja Wadiyar IV declared the building open. The hospital premises, in what was then called the ‘Edgah Extension’, occupy an area of about seven acres, the gift of the Government of His Highness the Maharaja. This is a handsome, imposing, and commodious building and was one of the first buildings seen as one entered the city by train from Bangalore, in those days, understandably. The hospital bore the name of “Mary Calvert Holdsworth”. The hospital bore the name of “Mary Calvert Holdsworth” who, with her husband, the Rev. W.W.Holdsworth, M.A., lived for several years in the city and took a never-failing interest in the welfare of women and children, esp. in the plague-swept years. (Hence, “Holdsworth Memorial Hospital”). In days when there were only eleven small hospitals and dispensaries in the city, this ‘center of healing’ with modern equipment came as a great boon to the citizens of Mysore and around. The Wesleyan Mission maintained the hospital/
Allied Heath Sciences
Nursing Courses
UG Coures
• Diploma in Nursing (GNM)
• Bachelor ofNursing(BSc Nursing)
• Post Basic Nursing (BSc Nursing)
PG Courses
• Master ofNursing (MSC Nursing)
For admission enquiries, you can contact: 973 999 9337
Share on